Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Money and Meaning - Contemplative Practices, Yoga, and Mission-Driven Entrepreneurship
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 from 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM (PST)
San Francisco, United States
About the class
- How do yoga, meditation, and contemplative practices relate to impact investing and mission-driven entrepreneurship?
- What are some simple and effective techniques that individuals can use on a day-to-day basis to improve clarity, health, and mental focus?
- How do spiritual practices inform the work we are doing to address social and environmental challenges?
The search for meaning and higher purpose infuse the world of social entrepreneurship, mission-driven organizations, and impact investing. In many cases it is a fundamental driver for individuals and organizations working to make the world a better place. However, spirituality is typically not addressed in professional work environments, even though it may be at the core of our work.
Yoga, meditation, and contemplative practices can promote higher consciousness, greater connection with yourself and those around you, increased compassion and empathy. They also provide very practical tools for stress reduction, work-life balance, personal productivity, and better health in general. Theses skills empower individuals and organizations to achieve their impact, collaborate in a more effective manner, and approach their mission from a new perspective.
This workshop will view mission-driven entrepreneurship from the lens of contemplative traditions, provide a forum for discussing how it manifests in our work, and facilitate a discussion on the topic of spirituality and impact. It will also provide basic practices for meditation and pranayama (breathwork) that individuals can use as part of a daily practice.
About Evan Steiner
Evan Steiner is on the team at the HUB and SOCAP. His primary role is leading the programming department for HUB SF, helping build events, education, and programs that build community and support the entrepreneurs working within the HUB. Evan was the first manager for HUB Ventures, helped launch The Impact Accelerator @ SOCAP, and is passionate about supporting entrepreneurs working to make the world a better place. He has spent considerable time exploring yoga, breathwork, and meditation, including eight months volunteering at a yoga and health non-profit in the Berkshires.
When & Where
HUB Workbench helps changemakers develop the skills they need to succeed. Our teachers are activists, artists, and social entrepreneurs who envision a new kind of economy and a new definition of success in business. Our community will help you learn skills, build your project, and change the world.
HUB Workbench is a HUB Bay Area program.
The HUB Bay Area is part of a global community taking collaborative action for a better world. The HUB is an inspiring space, meaningful content and a vibrant global community of people.
We share the following values:
· Placemaking: We value the place around us.
· Collaborative Effort: Our community values creative cooperation and collaboration.
· Ethic of Respect: The Hub is a respectful place. It is safe for diversity, ideas, inspiration, and creativity.
· Building a Better World: Our community honors hopes, dreams, and values.
· Radical Inclusion: All are invited to join and build on the conversation.
Join the HUB Community today and receive discounts on events, classes and professional development opportunities.